Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jalan Rumah Tinggi - GoldenHill Chicken Rice

I went in search of Jalan Rumah Tinggi, as I was in the area after visiting the Singapore General Hospital. I wanted to find the Seafood King's outlet and a chicken rice stall that is suppose to be good.
I remembered Hoy Fatt Road from the days when taxi drivers use to drive me through the area to pick up my VW Golf from the service center. I found Hoy Fatt Road easily from memory and it wasn't long before I found Jalan Rumah Tinngi and block 37 was right at the end of the road. There are only two eating places there so it wasn't hard to identify them. Tong Kee Seafood Crab King and Fook Seng Goldenhill Chicken Rice, I found them both. Tong Kee Seafood wasn't open so I walked further down the block in search of Fook Seng Goldenhill Chicken Rice.At the spur of the moment, I decided to buy half a chicken as takeaway for dinner. The people who own the outlet have got to be the most courteous and considerate. I was impressed with their service, they actually took time to converse and check with me on when I was going to consume my order, and how I wanted my half a chicken dressed with bone or de-boned. Wow! I bought a bottle of their chili sauce which according to the clips on their wall was very good. Again I was advised how to store the sauce and to always use a clean dry spoon to spoon out the chili sauce. The chicken was succulent and it was prepared in the traditional Hainanese chicken rice style. I more use to the updated style where there is a stronger hint of garlic and ginger in the meat. They did not douce the chicken meat with light soy sauce, chicken and sesame oil so the meat was less salty. The hint of sesame oil in the sauce they drizzle over the chicken gave it just the right flavor. The chili sauce had a kick but I like mine with more garlic and ginger.
Their chicken is just as tender as Tian Tian at Maxwell Hawker Center and Chuen Chuen at Upp Thomson Road. I enjoyed the juicy and tender meat. If you want to check the stall out here's their address and they even have a website.
Fook Seng Goldenhill Chicken Rice
Blk 37 Jalan Rumah Tinggi, #01-429, 10am - 4pm
http://www.singaporechickenrice.com/

No comments: