Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pesto From My Garden Harvest

SLOW DAY..... It's a rainy day today and kind of boring to wake up to heavy overcast skies. I had to find something to do around the house.
I decided to not put off turning my luscious basil plants into pesto. These plants were grown from two sprigs I saved when I last had lunch at Pho House. These plants were from the two sprigs....They made a nice harvest of fresh herb basket that scented the kitchen as I washed and cleaned the leaves. I then prepared the stems for replanting so that I'll have a fresh crop.Add olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and Parmigiano Reggiano, and you have pesto. The little snail didn't end up as secret ingredient for my pesto sauce. It was returned to the garden.We're going to have a nice pasta lunch later.
This was lunch....
Recipe
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup Olive oil
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1 garlic cloves, finely minced

Method
Place basil leaves in food processor and whip until well chopped.
Add about 1/3 the nuts and garlic, blend again.
Add about 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese; blend while slowly adding about 1/3 of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides of container.

1 comment:

Elyani said...

Shirls, wow...wonderful presentation. I feel like tasting it from the snap. Its too good. I love pesto.