Monday, December 24, 2007

A Day Before Christmas

I have spent an entire week going back and forth from the hospital. No, I'm not ill but my mom is. We warded her last Monday and it looks like it will be a while longer before things can return to normal.
My plans to bake friends christmas goodies went out the door and thus far I have used all the ingredients that I have in the pantry to bake goodies for the nurses who have been caring for my mom.
I've made marbel cake, scones and brownies yesterday and there is enough to go around the ward and the hematology department.I did manage to go to Daiso and I bought myself a couple more plates to use when I photograph my food.
My marbel cake is plated on a china blue rectangle dish.Gooey brownie with walnuts, its a fantastic treat for anyone who has a sweet tooth. The dish is also new.Lastly, scones loaded with raisins on yet another new dish.The fat paw above is that of my cat, he was asleep under my dining table and I had to have shots of them chubby paws.

3 comments:

Elyani said...

Hi Shirls, am sorry to hear this news about your mom. Hang in there and do take care of yourself too. I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas to you too, Shirls!

ps : those treats are precious. And with scones freshly baked from tge oven--I'd have trouble stopping at just one. And I love the paddy picture! They look exotic!

About me said...

Hello, I really like your pictures in your blog. Very nice, especially with all the cookies, looks really delicious!

Shirls said...

Lewi,

Thanks. I love photography too. It has been a pleasure to combine hobbies and to be able to share it with others.

Shirls