Wednesday, January 16, 2008

6.30 am No Where To Go

I was tired for the gym this morning and it was too early to head to the hospital. I decided to make an impromptu stop at Maxwell Food Center to see what was open at 6.30 am in the morning. To my surprise, a number of the stalls that sold porridge were already open for business. Hoe Kee was open and so was Zhen Zhen, the best part was there was no queue at Zhen Zhen. I jumped on the opportunity to sample their porridge which to many is a die, die, must eat thing. Me, I have no patience to wait in queues no matter how good the food is.
I order century egg porridge and a raw fish salad platter. My combo cost me $4.50 awesome!After digging the plastic spoon into the bowl to give it a through mix. I found that the porridge was loaded with lots of stuff. Century egg pieces, chicken meat, fried garlic and shallot, preserved radish and spring onions. There was so much ingredients that I was having a hard time finishing up the bowl.The raw fish platter was okay not spectacular. It too was loaded with all kinds of ingredients.After finishing what I could, I went to explore to see what else was open. I found Guan Dong Wanton Noodles open, so was Bread Pitt and others. I may go back tomorrow before the hospital again to try the noodles sans crowd.

No comments: