Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Khunying Restaurant

This was my last foodie day in Bangkok and we pigged out big time. In my previous two posts on "sampled hawker fare in Chinatown" and "braised goose". We cabbed it to Soi Ekamai where we sat down to have some coffee before crossing the road to Khunying Restaurant. We sat down at almost 2 pm and ordered BBQ river prawns, a BBQ crab, raw oysters, steamed fish cakes, lemongrass salad and olive rice.I remembered the plump, juicy and succulent river prawns from Yangon and on the Tonle Sap. I had to order some for my friends to try.This was our token fibre dish but it was really good. I now have to go in search of a lemongrass recipe to experiment with.
Next came our raw oysters with all the trappings.I have to show you a close-up of the oyster as it was fat and fresh. I dressed it up before saying down the hatch to the plump oyster. Heavenly is all I have to say.Next came the river prawns, I'd like to get my hands on such prawns in Singapore. I'd like to try the baked in garlic and butter. These babies were fresh and we each had one for the road.It was pure indulgence by the end of the meal, we were stuffed but extremely happy. We then rolled across the road to Health Land.

No comments: