Saturday, August 23, 2008

In Search Of A Stork-Billed Kingfisher

I went in search of the Stork-Billed Kingfisher today and I found it with the help of a couple of seasoned photographers. The bird is gorgeous close up but the overcast skies and light drizzle weren't the best conditions to photograph the bird. However, I did manage to get a couple of good shots.The two guys who allowed me to tag along regaled me with their stories of the bird's fishing skills. However, they said that it wasn't in form today and hasn't eaten. They had been watching the bird since morning but one of them did have fantastic action shots. Well folks I learnt that it is a totally different skill to catch action shots. Now I have something new to aspire to.Over here it was getting ready to dive and it did. However, its prey eluded it and it flew up to another tree much to our disappointment. We followed it but the skies opened up and we sat under the shelter chatting before I left as the rain wasn't letting up.

No comments: