Thursday, October 02, 2008

One Of The Best Laotian Food

The thatched building in the middle of a paddy field is where the dining hall of Kamu Lodge is. Food is prepared in a separate area and the servers will walk through the paddy field carrying food. This was my lunch for one, even in the photo it looks scrumptious.On the menu was laab, a ground meat salad, fried vegetables, bamboo shoots stuffed with meat, a soup and a basket of red sticky rice.
I have to tell you that this was one of the best meals I had, the food was simple and well prepared. This is what the inside of a stuffed bamboo shoot looked like. It was packed with minced meat. The chili sauce was unfortunately too mild and I would have loved for it to be a little more spicy.Dinner was even better five dishes and all tasty. If I could steal the two cooks and bring them home with me I would.

No comments: