Friday, November 28, 2008

Couldn't Resist Picking Up The Camera

I finally brought my camera out with me during my walk this morning. Since I was also pressed for time, I made sure I kept to a strict routine so that my schedule didn't go south.
I made quick stops to see if I could spot anything interesting and my first stop yielded a rather active hammerhead worm, which meant that I added more photos of this worm to my collection.
Then I started my walk towards my usual half way point. I did spot a beautiful orange butterfly but it fly off as I assembled the flash. sigh....So I settled for a Common Four Ring. By being disciplined, I managed to get work done before heading to the hospital to see my mom.
At the hospital, I finally got my mom moved to her usual hospital ward after five days of waiting. Persistence finally paid off. Then I zipped back to meet a friend for a quick late lunch.
By 4 pm, I had three different lens out on the couch as I set about to photograph a Blue-tailed Bee-eater, my cat Sweetie and a hibiscus in my garden before getting ready for the evening trip to the hospital.Sweetie's sleep position; Stretching and yawning after her nap.My saucer-sized hibiscus bloom, I finally got around to doing a stem cutting and it has started growing yes!!!!

6 comments:

Shawn said...

Hi Shirls,
Thanks a lot for the information about the Butterfly. I am not very good at identifying butterflies.

How do you differentiate these butterflies?
The common Posy, Branded Imperials and common Imperials?

Anyway, nice Hammerhead worm you got there.

Shirls said...

Hi Shawn,

I do lots of research to learn. Plus, I'm good at finding information. I use this site http://www.sgbug.org/butterflies/singapore.php to help me identify my butterflies and learn.

Yeah! The hammerhead worm was in an open location with bright sunlight.

Shawn said...

Oh... Anyway Shirls, I found another nice Butterfly in Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. I will post it into my blog soon. I also saw a bronzeback and a very rare Malayan Whip Snake.

Shawn said...

Hi,

I think I've identified the Butterfly at B.T.N.R, its scientific name only given:
Lexias canescens pardalina.

Thanks for giving me the website!!!

Shirls said...

Hi Shawn, it's always a pleasure to see someone else enjoying learning about nature. I'm glad that I could help.

I've not been able to get out much these days due to other commitments. Enjoy your holidays and exploring!

Shawn said...

Yeah sure and Thanks.