2008 has been a year that went by so quickly that I still haven't caught my breath yet. However, looking back at the year I can't believe that I managed to complete so many things despite the constant medical emergencies that I saw my mom through, through out the entire year.
- I have learnt that the human spirit can be indomitable and the will to live can be very strong. My mom, she has a list of illnesses and yet she lived through a brain hemorrhage, sepsis, umpteenth infections and pneumonia.
- I have learnt a bunch of things that I never knew about a year ago, like getting medical equipment or hiring an ambulance like calling a cab. I call the ambulance, my mom's personal limousine.
- I finally got to polish up my skills at photography and take better photographs. This one comes off my personal to-do list.
- I have through photography learnt a lot of cool stuff, met lots of people and photographed lots of neat things. I'm the person with the camera glued to my face.
- I have learnt that there are so many wonderful creatures inhabiting our little red dot that so few appreciate and seen creatures that few have seen. I guess there comes a time when teaching someone else will be an even greater draw to me.
- I have managed to knock Laos off my list too. I finally completed all my four Indo-Chinese states.
- Last but not the least, I have a bunch of really swell friends, you all know who you are. Thank you! I couldn't have made it through the year without you guys.
Happy New Year and may 2009 bring peace, hope, joy, and happiness to us all.