Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sampling More From Hong Lim Food Center

Bad weather means that I can't be out chasing wild Singapore so I have been exploring food at the Hong Lim Food Center. It is an old food center which covers two floors on the edge of Chinatown. On the ground floor is a small bakery called Barcook Bakery.This small almost hole in the wall bakery, shares its premises with a fruit stall yet it has a steady queue of customers who come to buy their bread. I got into the queue and placed an order for cream cheese and raisin bread, one of the bakery's top sellers.I had to wait half an hour to pick-up my order but I didn't eat the bread while it was warm. At room temperature the bread was still soft and the cheese still gooey but I didn't think much of the bun. However, I had another for tea. This time I took the extra effort of gently warming the bun in the microwave. Have to say that the warm bun tasted so much better especially if one had it with a cup of coffee.

No comments: