Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ah Chiang's Porridge

Last trip to SGH before my mum gets discharged. Took a drive to Tiong Bahru and ended up at Ah Chiang's Porridge on Tiong Poh Road, which is suppose to be quite popular because the stall still prepares its porridge on charcoal fire. I ended up ordering a bowl of mixed pork porridge and a plate of raw fish. How predictable can I be as I am still looking for the perfect bowl of pork porridge for me.The plate of raw fish was very fresh and this stall does not even provide you with a lime to cook the fish.The mixed pork porridge feature liver and done just the way I like it still a little bloody, which meant that the liver wasn't over cooked. What I liked about the porridge is that rice isn't cooked till it is just starch, there is still grains within and has some bite.I'd like to go back again to try some of it other dishes.

No comments: