Monday, June 29, 2009

Lemon Yogurt Cake

The Sunday Times, Lifestyle section featured the Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe. Since things are a little slow this week, I decided to give the recipe a try. Seemed a healthier cake that had no butter and I wanted to see if the cake was any good.The cakes turned out beautifully and being impatient, I turned the cakes out almost immediately to allow them to cool a little before glazing them. Generally, a pretty decent cake on its own. To enhance the cake I topped it with vanilla yogurt and freshly grated lemon zest. Pretty good but I still wasn't too happy with the overall taste of the cake. What I found was the cake actually taste better a day later after the glaze had time to settle into the cake.
For the recipe follow this link http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-yogurt-cake-recipe/index.html

No comments: