Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Pigeon Shoot Completed

Many photographers have posted their trophy shots of these pretty pigeons and I too must have my day with the Thick-billed Green Pigeons on the strangler fig tree.The tree was in a perfect location with a vantage point that allowed almost eye-level shots. Knowing the habits of the pigeons help too. I chose to photograph them in the morning when the light is softer.
As usual, I did not take into account mossies and they exacted their usual blood sucking fee. However, it was worth the VIP seat view of these birds as they picked they way through the thin branches and sometimes falling off.Overall, it was fun to observe these pretty birds as they had their breakfast. That is how I learn by watching the animals go about their routine.

No comments: