Monday, August 31, 2009

What Hung Above...

Many noisy people talking loudly and covered from head to toe with mossie repellent wafting everywhere. I usually will stop what I'm doing and let these people pass as there was no way to focus nor would any creature stay with all the noise.
I also walk too slow for the hurrying crowd whose only goal is reaching the tree top walk and trail courtesy requires me to step aside. This time I was tilting my head upwards inspecting trees to see if I can spot any wildlife lurking above. Bingo! right above the path was a fat Reticulated Python precariously perched on a yellow palm frond sleeping peacefully. What made it even more interesting was the snake seem to be tethered to the palm frond was its tiny tail curled around the stem.I thought of pointing out the python but knew better not to do so. I left the slumbering snake to its own devices and headed home. However, I went back in the afternoon to check on sleeping beauty and it was still sleeping but without its tail hold.

2 comments:

Ron Yeo said...

You always have such nice sightings! :)

Shirls said...

err... i also say the same for you.