Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween - pumpkins of all kinds are coming

Yes, we have pumpkins all year round but it seems like there's more varieties as we approach Halloween in the supermarkets. Recently, I picked fried pumpkin as one of my choices for a cheap $2.50 chiap chye rice lunch. The Chinese style stir fried pumpkin was pretty good. After several slow mouthfuls to analyse taste and possible ingredients. I managed to narrow down the ingredients that accompanied the pumpkin - garlic, oyster sauce and dried krill. It so happen that I had a piece of pumpkin hiding in my fridge for sometime and I decided to try to recreate the dish and I succeeded. A simple delicious one dish meal that goes very well with steamed rice.
Ingredients
A piece of pumpkin (cubed)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dried krill
1 tsp knorr's chicken stock
1 tbsp oil

method
Heat wok with oil till hot.
Saute garlic till golden and add dried krill in to brown.
Thrown in pumpkin and saute them
Add oyster sauce and chicken stock
Add water just enough to not let the dish burn
Cook till pumpkin is soft. Add seasoning to taste. (I find that I don't need additional salt in mine)
Enjoy!

No comments: