Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dragon Fruit - Cacti fruit that you can eat

Most of us would have seen a dragon fruit in the supermarket or being sold as cut fruits but how many of us know that it is the fruit of a cactus plant. I only discovered this, when I visited Vietnam and went on a Mekong delta tour to an orchard.
Recently, I've been seeing these ruby red beauties in the market and I've been wanting to buy one to photograph as I thought it would make a good subject matter.
Today, I bought one from my regular fruit seller at the fresh produce market and it did indeed prove to be a worthy photographic subject.
From what I've been reading on the internet while writing this entry, is one can grow these cacti from seeds. So I'm going try and see if I can grow them.
Yet another project.

No comments: