Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Camera Equiment

I bought myself a present as I felt a girl should always treat herself well. No, I did not buy diamonds but a rather unfeminine thing. I got myself a dSLR camera, a Canon EOS 400D from my favorite photographic shop Cathay Photo. My plan was to buy the 350D which is the best-selling model for Canon but the model was sold out so I had to settle for the newer 400D.
The 400D has a brand new 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, a self-cleaning sensor which shakes off dust particles. After spending almost an hour in the shop at Marina chatting and trying out various brands I stuck to my choice. I have a Canon EOS SLR out fitted with a Sigma lens and I wanted to see if I could use the lens on the new dSLR. We tried the lens out on the 400D and it works although I lose the wide angle on the lens. Overall, it was a good deal and within my set budget and I got a free 2GB CF card along with a camera case.
My dream camera is the medium format Mamiya camera but the price for the ZD was just a little too steep for me at S$20,000.
I'll still be using my trusted Minolta DiMAGE F300 for many of the photos that I post on my blog. Canon material goes on TrekNature where I'm learning from fellow photographers.

No comments: