Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nasi Lemak Sunday

It has been a while since Lilik and I prepared Nasi Lemak. Since she had cooked Sambal Goreng tempeh (tempeh, taukwa, french beans in sambal sauce). I decided that we shall have Nasi Lemak for our Sunday lunch.
So it was off to the market with a list of items for my Nasi Lemak lunch - ikan kuning (Yellowstripe scad), fried ikan bilis (anchovies) and roasted peanut, cucumber, coconut milk, fish cake and achar. I wanted otah otah but my usual supplier at Whampoa has closed while the food center is being rebuilt.
In addition to the above items, I had already cooked up a batch of sambal chili which I store in my freezer. I also used eggs in two preparation depending on the eaters preference - hardboiled or sunny-side up.
We had a feast as my brother supplemented the spread with rojak (a fruit and vegetable salad dish) from the famous Hoover Rojak.Hoover Rojak Sambal Goreng Tempeh

No comments: