Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cooking Frenzy Starting with Mee Rebus

I went crazy in the kitchen today, since it's mother's day weekend I prepared several peranakan dishes. Starting with Mee Rebus for lunch. This is a street food favorite and I have been trying to perfect mine and I think I finally got it. Secret sweet potatoes and dried geragau, which I managed to find at the market today.
I don't make the gravy from scretch but rely on a ready made paste which I enhanced with sweet potatoes and geragau today. This is the paste that I like to use as it is pretty good taste wise.
Fresh ingredients that you will need are: -

Chinese egg noodles
Bean Sprouts
Fried Bean Curd
Fresh Bean Curd
Eggs
Green Chilies
Fried Shallot
Sweet potatoes
Geragau



Method:
Heat casserole unit, lightly stir fry Hai's Instant mee rebus sauce without oil, then add in hot water about 4 rice bowls, geragau and mashed sweet potatoes. Bring to boil for about 5 minutes, allow to simmer over medium low heat until done (about 10 minutes). Add sugar and salt to taste. Arrange garnishing ingredients onto ready prepared noodle and serve hot.

No comments: