Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Lazy Chef's Secret

I wasn't that inspired to cook today partly because I'm still recovering from an infection from being bitten and clawed by my cat, and the flu bug. I pulled out my favorite secret helper that cuts prep time and still turns out a yummy dish if you know how to enhance things to help the spice mix along.
I made Nonya Chicken Curry using the Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste. This is my all time favorite brand of spice paste which I always have handy in my kitchen. I also travel with these sachets to the US as they come in very handy when asked to cook for an impromtu Asian meal.

Here's the no brainer Singapore Chicken Curry (Nonya Curry)
SERVES 4
Ingredients:
1 packet Singapore Chicken Curry Spice Paste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
350g (¾ lb) chopped chicken pieces
2 potatoes, cubed
2 cups (440ml) coconut milk or milk.
Method:
Heat oil in saucepan on medium-low heat. Add Spice Paste and stir fry for ½ minute.
Add chicken and potatoes. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Lower heat, add coconut milk and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked. Serve hot with rice or bread.

No comments: