Thursday, May 24, 2007

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

This is one of my favorite restaurant chains here in Singapore service Chinese cuisine. They have been so successful that the Crystal Jade group has restaurants in many Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, People's Republic of China, Japan, Vietnam and South Korea.
Today, I visited their Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao outlet in Ngee Ann City. The restaurant serves Lanzhou style lāmiàn (拉面), jiǎozi (饺子), xiǎolóngbāo (小笼馒头) and northern style Chinese cuisine. I ordered a bowl of la mian and a basket of xiao long bao - another of my comfort food. Unlike, the Japanese ramen the soup that the la mian is served in is clear and light yet tasty. I usually ask for extra serving of spring onions which I believe add even more flavor to the soup.
I sometimes go in for a bowl of wanton soup or a plate of jiǎozi and it usually hits the spot for me.
You can't go wrong at this place as their dishes are usually good and reasonably priced. If you do go be prepared to queue especially on weekends as the outlets are very popular for the tim sum crowd.

No comments: