Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stillness

After a week of intense work, I'm very excited as I headed out to my weekend haunt. Each trip is the same, yet different as I becoming more observant and understand the ebb and flow of the tides in the reserve.
These are some of the scenes that I caught this morning, before my camera ran out of juice. Yup! it had to happen sooner or later. I forgot to charge my camera batter.
This lone fisherman was fishing off a sawed-off surf board in the low tide at the mouth of Sungei Buloh Besar.Not too far from where he was, another skilled fisher was also stalking prey. It stands very still and waits for its meal to come to it.I then chanced upon two squirrels that weren't timid as I approached them slowly. They fed on the ground no more than five feet from me.Once I had taken all the photos I wanted, I was able to walk by them without sending them scurrying away.This tiny little bird just won't stay still, it was a constant blur in the thicket. Here's what it looks like when it stayed still long enough for a single good shot. I cropped the photo for better clarity.Last but not the least, I finally got a shot of the shy and elusive collared kingfisher.Darn, I saw my first stork but I was out of power so I could only observe it feeding in the shallow water with my binoculars.

No comments: