Friday, October 19, 2007

Great Balls of .....

My brother brought over this bottle, as our mom loves pineapple tarts and he said to aim to get mine as good as this. On the led of the bottle it says "Singapore First Round Pineapple Tarts".Hmmm..... I've made round pineapple tarts before, why didn't I claim that they were the first round tarts? It's because other people do make them round too. I opened up the bottle this evening after I picked up the motley crew from the hospital. Interesting looking ball of pastry, wonder how it tastes?Opened it up and it was nicely packed with pineapple jam in it. Good sign and it wasn't too dry. Now the taste test......The pastry was buttery, crumbly and melt in your mouth. Add the pineapple jam it was yummy mouthful that was delightful with a cold glass of HL chocolate milk.

1 comment:

Elyani said...

Nastar is our national cookies too. People serve them during the Hari Raya, Christmas and Chinese New Year. Most families have their own secret recipe for this melt in the mouth cookies. I usually add a bit of parmesan cheese for the dough.