Saturday, December 29, 2007

Getting Back To Nature

I throughly enjoyed myself these two days, spending the morning walking around the central nature reserve with my camera looking for interesting subjects to shoot. These are the little creatures I bumped into. A painted moth.This is a tiny butterfly is from the Lycaenidae family. This group is second largest family of butterflies, with about 6000 species worldwide. This is a little bee that was resting on a leaf when I chanced upon it.Then the busy bee that we all know. This bee was busy combing the mimossa bloom.Jiminy Cricket was everywhere munching up plants.This fly too sat patiently on a grass blade while I photographed it.The insect that I have been looking for the praying mantis. I found this tiny baby at the ranger's station yesterday.

No comments: