Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tried A Different Mentaiko Pasta Recipe

I tried a different recipe today, partly because I thought the recipe on Chubby Hubby was a lot interesting by the list of ingredients that it had for the sauce. So I did got most of the ingredients but nori and reduced chicken stock. The closest supermarket didn't stock nori strips of I improvised with nori bits which is normally scattered on rice and a cube of chicken stock. This recipe requires cooking while the other just required a quick mix and your done.
This pasta sauce is a lot creamier and tastier even though I forgot the Japanese mayo and the egg was over cooked.
Presentation wise it was also a lot more pleasing to the eye with the egg, the bits of green from the nori and pink from the mentaiko and I threw in scalions as I love fresh scalions.

No comments: