Thursday, March 13, 2008

Goat Dairy Farm In Singapore

It's the school holidays and I went with my nephew to Hay Dairies over the weekend. As I've not been to a dairy farm before, I thought it would be an experience. I must have been the biggest kid there making friends with the goats. Hah! I almost lost my t-shirt to this Alpine goat as he bit on it and started a tug-of-war. My fault as I was patting him and he decided to reciprocate.
Hay Dairies has over 1,000 goats of mixed breeds (Alpine, Nubian, Saanen, Toggenburg and La Mancha), producing goat's milk for sale. The farm milks, pasteurizes, homogenizes and bottles goat's milk, which it sells directly to customers.This is was a goat milking demonstration about to start.The goat is attached and the milk is stored in a container after being pasteurised.We then went into the shed where the bachelors and kids were kept. You can buy hay to feed the animals. As I was petting a number of goats, I ended up smelling like one too.We ended up buying goat's milk to take home.

No comments: