Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eating At Toa Payoh Lorong 7

We went to try some hawker food at the hawker center in lorong 7. The area looks extremely promising with lots of coffee shops selling food and they all looked pretty decent. However, they still need to past the taste test another trip is definitely in the works.
We focused on sampling the food from hawkers we came to try - Hai Nan Xing Zhou Beef Noodles , Lau Pa Sat Fishball Minced Meat Noodle, Long House Popiah and Dove Desserts. I had the beef noodles while my friend has the minced pork noodles.My dry beef noodles was tasty but the soup was a little too sweet. Overall, I still enjoyed my bowl of noodles. We also ordered a side order of popiahs from Long House Popiah. I've been wanting to try the popiahs for some time and I'm glad I finally did. I especially like the crunchy bits in the popiah roll.Next came desserts, I ordered cheng tng and chendol, which are what Dove Desserts is known for. The chendol is hand-made and infused with pandan is really fragrant and the bowl is topped by gula melaka and coconut milk. The cheng tng would have been good if it wasn't diluted. I made the mistake of ordering it cold. There was just too much shaved ice in the hot bowl and it diluted things. I'm coming back as I'd like to try the bak chor mee too.

No comments: