Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Luscious Spicy Red Sambal

I finally made nasi lemak for lunch on Sunday, I would have loved to share some photos of the meal. However, everything was wiped out before I even had a chance to assemble a plate for the camera. By the time the family were through there wasn't a single grain of coconut rice left.
This here is my version of the nasi lemak sambal, I kind of made this up from memory and taste as my mom use to make it for us when my brother and I were kids.
The rest of the batch of sambal was packed neatly into Ziploc bags and frozen for future use.
I like the spicy sauce with hard boiled eggs another childhood favorite. Get a pack of roasted peanuts and ikan bilis, and you're in business too. I use it for my mee siam too. This proofs a good basic sauce goes a long way.

No comments: