Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shin Kushiya

I indulged on Saturday and went to Shin Kushiya at Suntec for lunch. I've eaten at the restaurant several times but never with my camera in toll. As I was having a leisurely day with just a couple of errands to run. I had the camera with me, for this trip I ordered an aji (horse mackerel) chirashimi set, having learnt my lesson in Bangkok, I opted not to have the udon that came with the set. Instead, I had a bowl of miso soup and a side order of three sticks of kushiyaki.Here's a close-up of the slivers of aji on a bed of vinegary rice, with nori and pickles. It was a bowl that hit the spot.Not long after I tucked into my bowl of aji and rice, my side order arrived. I ordered grilled eggplant, shishito (Japanese green chilis) and enoki mushrooms wrapped in bacon.I lightly dusted the grilled side order with sour plum salt, which brought out the flavors of the grilled vegetables and the enoki mushroom wrap so well. Add that to the rice it was a combination made in heaven.Well I did part with quite a bit for the meal but I enjoyed it so much that I want more.

No comments: