Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tamron 180mm Macro Lens

I got this lens on Sunday and I must say that I am pretty happy with my latest acquisition. Still lots of bloopers with shaky hands. Hopefully, when I get use to the weight of the lens, I will have better shots than what I already have. However, I'm having a heck of a time focusing especially if my subject is really tiny but if the lens finds its subject. Details can be amazing. See the details the lens picked up of this tiny common dartlet.With larger critters, it doesn't have that much of a problem like dragonflies. The pair of mating
ypthima horsfieldii humei below took me many tries before I got a decent photo. The drawback of this lens is that it is slow in focusing if you move around a lot or want different perspectives.

No comments: