Monday, October 06, 2008

Auburge Plaine Des Jarres

This was the hotel that I stayed at in Phonsavanh and it was truly a gem. I had a cottage with a fire place.The view from my cottage is also fantastic and hearing the sound from the plain below at dawn is that of a farming community.As the hotel sits above the town, I had no means to go into town for my meals. However, I wasn't worried at the food at Auburge Plaine Des Jarres is also top notch. I stuck with Laotian and this was my meal on the first night - a papaya salad and ginger chicken to be eaten with sticky rice - it was yummy. I was it down with Beerlao it was sheer decadence but you only live once. I had the fire lit in my cottage as it was cold and I didn't have any warm clothing. The next night was a warm chicken curry. I'd come back for the food as it was that good.
I asked the manager how long the hotel has been in existence, he said almost twenty years. It goes to show that they have staying power.

No comments: