Friday, October 10, 2008

Vientiane

I spent three days in Vientiane and saw the many sites but what was fun for me was walking around the streets with the camera to see what I could find.
These two broom boys kept turning back and smiling at the camera, thank goodness there wasn't much traffic while they passed me.Graffiti has come to Vientiane, both walls of the buildings on this street had graffiti. However, grammar hasn't quiet made it yet.Here's a sign pasted on the glass window of a hotel.I wondered into Sangha College that was house within a temple ground and chatted with the novices studying at the college. The monasteries are also the best places to get an education, some of the monks I met can speak some English. Like this monk whom I met inside the sin (prayer hall) studying. We chatted and I asked him if I could take a picture and he posed for me.

No comments: