Monday, July 13, 2009

How Lucky Can I Get?

I met friends for lunch today. The original plan was to eat at the hawker center near AMK Hub but the hawker center was closed for cleaning. The improvised plan had us driving to Jalan Beseh area for beef ball noodles and Sungei Road Laksa. The meal was great fun but I won't be blogging on these till later as I have no photos of the makan session.
Feeling stuffed and happy, I went home to get some work done. After which, I took an evening walk with my camera in hand hoping to see something interesting. I bumped into a man who told me he just saw a banded leaf monkey. He said it fled deep into the forest. About 30 minutes later, I heard some thrashing up in the canopy and it didn't take long for me to spot the monkey. However, in my excitement I didn't check my camera setting and my first photo is slightly off focus. It is indeed the extremely rare and threatened Banded Leaf Monkey or the the Banded Langur. I had only just seen the preserved specimen at the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research some months back when I took a tour of the museum. I am so lucky to see a live one.

No comments: