Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stir fried ridged luffa with egg - a simple one dish meal

It has been three weeks since my housekeeper went home. I’m still trying to figure out if I can juggle my lifestyle, and manage my home as well. So far, I am finding out that I am crap at housekeeping. Feeding oneself is also quite challenging. I’m starting to get a hang of creating simple one dish meals that hit the spot.
This simple dish makes a great one dish meal. Buy a ridged luffa at the wet market or supermarket; make sure that you pick a young fruit. Otherwise, you’ll get more fiber than you bargained for. These ridged luffas have a very sweet and delicate flavor. I created from memory what my mum use to prepare for my brother and me as children – stir fried ridged luffa with egg.
Recipe
1 young ridged luffa (cleaned and sliced up)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp oil
1 egg

Method
Place oil into frying pan and heat up.
Add garlic and fry till golden
Throw in the sliced-up luffa fry and then add oyster sauce
Add water and allow the luffa to soften
Once the luffa has soften, add the egg into the boiling mixture and break-up

No comments: