Monday, November 03, 2014

Visiting SBWR's otters



It's been a while since I've blogged and almost two years since I last visited SBWR to spend time photographing the smooth-coated otters. 
I'm glad that the pair now have two almost fully grown pups and seem to be secure within the reserve. These wonderful mammals continue to fascinate me. I just wish there was a way to identify each individual. Unlike giant river otters, smooth-coated otters have no distinguishing marks that would allow each animal to be identified. I've seen them in a number of parts of Singapore and most recently has the pleasure of meeting the otter that has been frequenting Bishan Park.
I hope they continue to thrive in a habitat scarse area with developments here and across the causeway. Hope the lone individual that seems to be exploring our canal and drainage system does eventually find a pack to call his own.

No comments: