Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Caught on Camera

OK, I have been stalking everything that moves in my garden and in the general vicinity of the catchment area. Not being the most patient person, I have had to be extremely patient in waiting to capture these shots with my new toy. It helps that my plants are in bloom and I get creatures big and small right up close. The skill is not only composition but the art of being really still so as not to spook your subjects. Believe you me when dealing with nature it can be absolutely frustrating as your subjects refuse to cooperate or fly off just as you hit the shoot button. I caught a small troupe of young male monkeys foraging and this one looked startled by the camera pointed at him.
Bee in flight
bee's legs laden with pollentiny sunbird feeding on my heliconiadove Oh no I've been caught

No comments: