Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Walk Through a Heartland Market

One of Singapore's heartlands - Ang Mo Kio is located in north central, and is within the North-East Region. It has a town centre and six neighbourhood precincts. It has nine wet markets and food centers, in addition to numerous kopitiams (coffee shops) with hawker stalls.
Ang Mo Kio Block 162 Market And Food Centre, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 is where I usually shop for fresh produce. I decided to take my camera along to capture scenes at the food center, market and the bird song area.
As Sunday is free parking day the car park is usually full and it takes a little more time locating a lot but free parking is ideal as I don't need to remember time, expiring parking tickets and car park wardens today.
This is what greets you at some car parks, laundry on bamboo drying in the early morning sun and bird cages hanging over your head.air drying laundry
Walk to the food center and choose from a wide selection of stalls that are ready to serve you breakfast Singapore style. I order a plate of vegetarian bee hoon and local coffee to fuel up before marketing and photographing life as it went by today.vegetarian bee hoon n coffee
The yu tiao stall as usual had a long line of people queuing to buy fresh yu tiaos to go with their coffees. I bought 4 butterflies and2 yu tiaos home too.
I got a lot of laughs out of my stall vendors as I photographed them and then bought my groceries from each.





fish ball selleregg sellerfish sellersvege sellerdressing my half duck orderpreparing my jasmine garland

No comments: