Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whampoa Road

I thought I'd take a walk along this area, capture some of the sights before the current en bloc craze takes hold and more old buildings get torn down. Hence, visit to Ghee Leong which is in the next post to photograph a traditional bakery that has been around for over 50 years.
These spiral staircases on the back of old walk-up apartments are rare these days and I found one that was not locked to photograph the structure. Next to the old block of walk-up was the market and food center but they have been torn down and currently being rebuilt.
The transit market and food center is located at the back and I had some time to walk around it today before sitting down for lunch.
The soy bean seller tucked away in a rather dark and humid transit market having her lunch. It was past 1 pm and almost closing time for this lady. Next to the wet market is the temporary hawker center and here's my favorite rojak stall.
I grew up eating this rojak man's rojak as my mom thought in a school at the other end of Balestier Road.
The uncle mixing his rojak with a queue at his stall. In the lane behind his stall are the other famous hawkers the duck rice, hokkien mee and the nasi lemak stall.
This is what we ended up eating for lunch.

2 comments:

Shirls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirls said...

Thanks for the compliment.