Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tian Tian Chicken Rice and Mr Bean

I wanted to get some of the popular food from the Maxwell Road Hawker Center for my mom who is in the hospital. Know how crazy the place gets, I went early so that I could have a plate of Tian Tian chicken rice. The stall wasn't open yet as we got there at 11 am, so we sat down and ordered two cups of grass jelly and soy milk from Mr Bean. A queue was forming at the chicken rice stall but they were pre-packing two large orders so the stall opened only after they filled the two large orders. I had Lilik stand in the queue while I went and got tapioca cakes which my mom loves. Then we sat down and had our individual plates of chicken rice.I like this stall as the meat is still a little bloody and yet tender. The rice is also done just right and not too oily. However, I would like it even better if they served garlic and ginger sauce with their chicken. After we filled our stomachs, we walked to the ngioh hiang stall for a packet of bee hoon and mixed pork rolls to take to the hospital.

No comments: