Saturday, October 13, 2007

Trying Out Lens

While I had a rather busy week, I still have time to ponder over my hobbies. An idea came to me during the week as I was itching to try out other lens with my Canon 400D. Is there a possibility that I could find a place that would rent lens?
I let my fingers and mouse do the searching on Google and I found www.peridotpix.com. I immediately emailed and got a response within the day. WooHOO!!! I can now satisfy my curiosity.
I drove down to the studio on Friday evening and rented two lens - the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens and the Canon EF 100mm F2.8 Macro Lens.
Hmmm.... there were lots of bloopers in my batch of photos today and the weather is crummy too. All my fault not the lens, I screwed up my camera settings and had shaky hands. The heavy EF 100-400mm is 1.3 kg and I should have brought along my tripod but I chose to shoot holding the lens because I dislike lugging too much equipment around.
Anyway, these are some of the photos that I liked out of the batch.
Padi Grains from the plants growing in my house with the macro lens. I love the clarity and the details in the shot, I can even see the fine hairs on the grains of padi. Unfortunaly, I had to trashed the rest as they were uninteresting and lifelessly flat.
Rest of the photos are with the telephoto lens and some of my best shots of wild life at Sungei Buloh. The Collared KingfisherPlantain SquirrelThis one's a little busy, blame it on them curlews.I will definitely rent the lens again as they are really neat.

No comments: