Saturday, January 05, 2008

Trying A Soup Recipe - Thai-Styled Pumpkin Soup

I was sorting out recipes that I collected over 2007 and I decided to give the Thai-styled pumpkin soup a try. This is how the soup starts off.Out came the hand-held blender so that I could blitz the soup up and wah lah pumpkin soup. I even tried my hand at plating and presentation. I then picked up the phone and ordered two family favorite pizzas from Pizza Hut - Aloha and Shroom Garden.Recipe
Ingredients
1 small pumpkin
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon red curry paste
coconut milk
Method
Skin and chop up pumpkin
In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and saute the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add red curry paste and heat until fragrant
Add pumpkin, and then stock. Put lid on and simmer for 20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked.
Pour mixture into food processor and blend until smooth
Add coconut milk in a steady stream. Serves 6 as an entree or 3 as a main.

No comments: