Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Woody Wood Peckers

I went for a walk last evening with my camera in toll, wanting to see if I could find interesting animals to photograph during my walk. Well I did find this woodpecker, that is new to me. It didn't make a sound so the sighting was just by pure coincidence. There after, I followed it among the trees but it was hard to get a good shot of the bird. It was a beautiful bird but unfortunately I couldn't get a good shot of it. Hey, it means that I will be looking out for this bird.The bird is a Banded Woodpecker and here is how the bird looks from the front. It was awesome watching it as I silently followed it around for about 10 minutes. After it flew deep into the undergrowth. Another woodpecker flew into view and started to feed. This time it was a Common Goldenbacked Woodpecker.

No comments: