Monday, May 26, 2008

Aglio Olio With Mushrooms

Lunch was a vegetarian affair after all the meat we had yesterday. These days I keep my fridge stocked up with various types of fresh mushrooms that are available in the market. They are handy and versatile to cook with and oh so yummy.
I've been doing this dish for some time now and I decided to feature it here. Before anyone asks for the recipe, I just eyeball this dish and have not written things down as yet. I'll get to it another day - my famous last words.
This afternoon, I mixed button mushrooms, shitake and drumstick mushrooms, sauteed them with butter, olive oil, garlic, chili flaks till they were soft. Tossed in some white wine, sea salt and pepper for seasoning. Throw in angel hair pasta (my favorite) and let them absorb the sauce from the pan. Finish it off with fresh chili and parsley.

No comments: