Saturday, May 31, 2008

My First Snake In The Wild Photographs

I finally have photographs of a live snake that I spotted this afternoon after finishing my hour long walk. I stopped to watch the tit wabblers and the crimson sunbirds as they were making a lot of noise. When I got closer, I realized why they were all agitated among the leaves on the creeper was an Oriental Whip Snake.
Whoo!!!! As I was close to home, I ran home to get my camera to photograph this pretty snake. I would have been miffed if it was during my walk as I chose not to carry the camera because of the wet weather. During the walk I saw an Elbowed Pierrot and a butterfly that I've not photographed before a Malay Tailed Judy, which were right in front of me. It was exactly like seeing the Blue Malayan Coral Snake in the drain and having no camera.
Anyway, here are a couple more photos of the Oriental Whip Snake.

No comments: