Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Spotted Keelback

I went out very early this morning for a walk in the hope that I will encounter the shyer creatures of the nature reserve. At the start of the walk I spotted a Nightjar but it flew off before I had a chance to uncap my lens. Well at least I know where I can find one now.
I found a snake by almost stepping on it as it laid on the boardwalk. The poor snake slithered off the boardwalk and into a heap of vegetation.
I waited around to see if it would show itself again and it did. It displayed some aggression as it raised itself off the ground but it settled down as I stay out of its zone of fear. The snake calmed down enough for me to photograph it.
The snake that I almost stepped on is a Spotted Keelback. I had to contain my excitement as I photographed this snake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There...
Your Blog Is Really Nice...
Very Refreshing...

Shirls said...

Hi Allan,

Thanks! I enjoy doing what I do.

Cheers,
Shirley