Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick 'r Treat

I stopped to try photograph some white flowers as I wanted to test the macro lens, flash and settings to see how my white flowers looked. It didn't take me long to get completely distracted by creatures on the flowers. I spotted a Pygmy Blue and was about to photograph it when I realised that it was in the grasp of a white spider that blended into the white flowers.I moved to a different position to try and get into a better position. Despite my efforts I still couldn't get a perfect view of the spider and its prey. Add the light breeze and the pin sized subjects I was getting dizzy looking through my view finder.This was the best position I could get into.Once the Crab Spider was done with the butterfly, it was dropped and it moved into position again to wait for its next victim.See how well it blends in with the flower - perfect disguise from Mother Nature for Halloween's trick 'r treat.

No comments: