Friday, January 23, 2009

Can You Spot The Butterflies?

I've been leaving the camera home these past couple of weeks when I go for my morning walks. There hasn't been much wildlife and the forest has been still.
On my way home this morning I walked past this vine and a bunch of tiny butterflies on the tip of the vine caught my eye. Such vines are getting to be scarce as they have been cut back and the butterflies I use to photograph like the Branded Imperial,and the Common Posy. These days I see only a couple of Branded Imperial but the Common Posy have all disappeared.I had to call home to have my help bring my camera to me. I wasn't going to leave the butterflies for fear that someone would come by and scare them away.
These are two of the six butterflies that were feeding on the vine. They were like small flakes amongst the black ants. These little jewels are Logania Marmorata Damis, I've only found one previously, and this is the first time I've seen them feeding.

No comments: