Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hua Lamphong Railway Station

My trip to Chachoengsao included a train ride to the town. It also marked my first trip to Hua Lamphong Railway Station, the railway hub that is managed by the State Railway of Thailand. The station was opened on 25 June 1916 and has 14 platforms, 26 ticket booths, and two electric display boards. Hua Lamphong serves over 130 trains and approximately 60,000 passengers each day. WOW!!!My guide was very fast in buying our tickets, rushing me to the platform, and into the train. It was good having a guide as once he realized that I would spend most of the hour and twenty minute ride snapping photos. He did a train recce to find me a good seat. The entire experience for me was like stepping back in time and I was very excited as I waited for the train to pull away from Hua Lamphong.

No comments: