Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lost

As you can tell I am having major problems putting words to my just concluded trip to Northern Xinjiang. My bad, atrocious Chinese meant that I couldn't completely comprehend the local guides. It didn't help that the Singaporean lead never provided location information. I am still trying to decipher the mambo jumbo trip itinerary that was given to us.
Therefore, I'll just concentrate on the key areas that are known to me. First stop, after the whistle stop at Burqin was Hemu, a village that is one of the three residences of the Tuva Mongol people in China. The Tuva Mongol is believed to be the offspring of the troops of Genghis Khan. The Tuva Mongol of Hemu Village live in wooden framed houses half-buried in the ground to keep warm during the winter.
What I like about this village once one gets past the real basic facilities and the bare minimum lodging, was the rustic life.  Oh yes, forget about trying to avoid dung as it is everywhere. It is in one of the scenic areas and I came away with lots of photos.

No comments: